Join Island Newcomers at East Beach for a casual pizza dinner provided by Sal’s. We usually have a big turnout, so you’ll have a chance to meet lots of new friends and renew acquaintances!
- Bottled water, soft drinks, plates, napkins, and drink cups will be provided.
- You should BYOB (glass containers are discouraged) and bring a beach chair.
- Attire is totally casual, and you are certainly welcome to swim under the full moon!
- If you walk to the end of the boardwalk at East Beach (near the old Coast Guard Station & Museum), you’ll see us gathered there.
- We will start at 6:30 p.m. until whenever…?
As a way of thanking our advertising sponsors, we encourage you to stop by any of those listed* to participate in our Poker Run. There is no purchase obligation. Simply drop by during normal business hours on Wednesday or Thursday before the party, introduce yourself as a member of Island Newcomers, and ask them for a card from their deck (no peeking). Please thank them for their support that enables us to keep our member costs low. The Newcomer who presents the best 5-card Poker hand at the beach party will win a prize! Every advertiser has a different style deck, and the winning hand must consist of 5 different style cards – so you could win with 5 aces!
*WE WILL HAVE THE SPONSOR LIST AT THE SEASON KICKOFF MEETING. DON’T WORRY IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND WE WILL SEND AN EMAIL WITH LIST OF PATICIPATING SPONSORS THE WEEK OF THE POKER RUN.
If it is raining 🙁 at 5:30 p.m., we will gather on the covered porch at the Casino. The Casino building is located in the Village, next to Neptune Park and near the Saint Simons Lighthouse. If in doubt, call Donna Ainger at 703-314-6915.
Sponsored by Island Adventures
- September 27, 2012
6:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Venue: Venue of SUMMER’S LAST HURRAH !